Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Challenge Continues...Day 9

So you might ask...how do "Foodies" like you and Bill do something like the 24 day challenge??  We have really taken it as a challenge to make this "palatable", staying true to our FOODIE heritage!

If you want to check out what the Advocare program is like check out this link:
http://www.advocare.com/24daychallenge/default.aspx

This gives you a good overview.  I have other great resources I can share with you if you are interested. 

But back to the food...because THAT is what the bottom line is for me!!

So, for instance...dinner says "protein, vegetables and complex carb (if needed - yes, I need it)"
SO you could have this (which doesn't actually look all that bad)
But THIS is what we had for dinner the other night:
Mashed potatoes??  NOPE!  Mashed cauliflower.  Grilled pork loin chop sans salt seasonings (thank you Penzy's for all the wonderful salt-free seasoning blends).

So, yeah!  It has been fun.  And yummy!!

Now, to how I feel....I do feel much better.  It is CRAZY....I do not hit the mid-afternoon slump.  I feel more alert.  Tons more energetic and just healthier in general.  And that is after only 8 days.  I am sure that some of it can be explained just by the healthier diet, and tons of water...but I think it might be explained by the balance of nutrients and vitamins provided by the supplements...it takes a lot thought to make sure one gets everything they need throughout the course of the day.

I typically NEVER get enough fiber or enough protein...sure I might lose weight...but it something that is not sustainable.  My DIEts of the past have consisted of skipping breakfast, a plate of veggies for lunch, and then a fairly 'normal' plate for dinner. 

What the ADVOCARE supplements and program do is make sure I get my nutritional needs THROUGHOUT the day...keeping my energy up...keeping my body insides functioning like they should!!

Seriously?  Let's see the results...only a few more days till the scale reveals!  STAY TUNED.

Thank my Lucky Stars??....yep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment